SOLD! BUSINESS RESCUE AUCTION Duly authorised by the Business Rescue Practitioners of Old Mill Guest House (Pty) Ltd, we will sell by PUBLIC AUCTION OLD MILL GUEST HOUSE &
BUSINESS RESCUE AUCTION
Duly authorised by the Business Rescue Practitioners of Old Mill Guest House (Pty) Ltd, we will sell by PUBLIC AUCTION
OLD MILL GUEST HOUSE & RESTAURANT PROPERTIES, SWELLENDAM
Auction date Tuesday, 27 September 2022
Venue On-site, The old Mill Guest House & Restaurant, 241 Voortrek Street, Swellendam
CLICK ON THE LINK TO VIEW THE AUCTION INFORMATION BROCHURE Auction information brochure Swellendam properties
The properties, operated as guest house and restaurant, are adjoining and located at 241 & 243 Voortrek Street, near the R60 towards Ashton / Montagu. Voortrek Street is the main road of Swellendam.
The buildings have a recognised character – a stylish national monument.
The Restaurant, previously known as The Old Goal, has recently been renovated on the Kyknet programme, In die Sop, and with its new and fresh touches, it is now operated under the name Mill & Hops Restaurant and has become a popular stop for tourists and Swellendam residents alike.
www.oldmill.co.za offers a complete overview.
① “RESTAURANT PROPERTY”
• Erf 5429 Swellendam
• Extent: 1287m²
• Address: 241 Voortrek St
Mill & Hops Restaurant
- Covered front veranda
- Interior dining area with fireplace & wine tasting area
- Serving area / station
- Cooler room ±2.5m x 2.5m
- Outside built-in braai
- Outside seating area (under shade net)
- Open outside seating area
- Jungle gym / play area
- Restaurant ±200m²
- Outside seating areas ±310m²
Separate room “The Fig” (±16m²)
- One room with lounge, bedroom, bathroom (no kitchen)
- Lease expires 31/10/2022; rental of R5150 pm
② “GUEST HOUSE PROPERTY”
• Erf 651 Swellendam
• Extent: 2 944m²
• Address: 243 Voortrek St
• Size of improvements ±238m²
|Description of improvements||Composition||Additional information|
|“The Garden” Room||Bachelor-type unit (no kitchen)|
|“The Watermill” Room||Bedroom with bathroom||Interleading door with ‘The Stove’|
|“The Stove” Room||Bedroom with bathroom||Interleading door with ‘The Watermill’|
|“The Miller” Room||Bedroom with bathroom||Smallest room|
|“The Old Mill” Room||Self-catering unit with lounge & kitchenette, separate bedroom and bathroom|
|Manager’s Cottage||Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounge, dining room & loft area (loft not equipped/finished but offers possibility of 2 rooms)|
|Timber Cottage||Bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, lounge||Currently rented at R4500 pm|
|Parking||1x undercover parking
Remainder parking areas on-site
The properties with be auctioned separately (two auctions), as well as together (a third auction).
The movable business assets are included in the sale of each property.
Summary of Auction Conditions of Sale
• Purchaser pays 10% deposit & 7% commission (plus VAT) on day of auction.
• There will be a period for higher offers after the auction. One confidential higher offer per purchaser is allowed after the auction, which will close on 30 September 2022 at 12:00 noon. Any offer made after the auction will only be regarded as a valid offer if the deposit and auctioneer’s commission have been paid and cleared into the auctioneer’s bank account and the offeror has signed the Conditions of Sale before September 30th at 12:00 noon. The sale shall be subject to confirmation by the Seller by 5 October 2022; however the Seller may accept or decline the offer before 5 October 2022.
• The highest bidder will be held bound to his bid until 5 October 2022.
• The balance of the purchase price is payable against registration of transfer.
• The Purchaser shall within 30 days of acceptance of this offer by the Seller, furnish the Seller’s Conveyancers with a guarantee by a registered financial institution and acceptable to the Seller, for the payment of the balance of the purchase price.
• VAT payable on purchase price by the Purchaser; however, bearing the businesses and business assets in mind, it will be endeavoured to effect a zero-rated transaction.
• OCCUPATION and POSSESSION of the property shall be given by the Seller to the Purchaser on the date of registration of transfer into the name of the Purchaser, when all benefit and risk in the property shall pass to the Purchaser.
• All conveyancing work in connection with the transfer of this property shall be
effected by the Seller’s attorneys. All costs to the giving and taking of transfer and
registration will be paid for by the Purchaser.
• Property sold VOETSTOOTS
Louis van Rensburg (Auctioneer) 044 – 8782877 | 0833 777 232
Month Long Event (october)