The highest bid achieved on auction was R 2 050 000 plus 7% Auctioneer's commission. Period for higher offers closes on Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 12
The highest bid achieved on auction was R 2 050 000 plus 7% Auctioneer’s commission.
Period for higher offers closes on Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 12 noon.
ENQUIRIES: Wiidke 0833 777 390 or Daniel 083 255 4245
Please click on the link for the Auction info sheet Auction Brochure
Conditions of Sale: M306 CONDITIONS OF SALE
Duly authorised, we will sell by PUBLIC AUCTION, on-site
The legendary business premises, known as the “Old Millies Property”, located on the main route that connects George with Blanco, Fancourt, Geelhoutboom and eventually the George Airport.
Auction date: Friday, 16 April 2021
Venue: on-site, George Road, Blanco
- Address: 30 George Road, Blanco
- In extent 2449m²
- Remaining improvements after fire damage includes a 1) small street frontage shop and 2) flatlet in backyard.
- Floor and walls are what remain of the main supermarket.
- An engineering report has been compiled for the foundations and load-bearing walls of the remaining structure.
- Please click on the following link to view the Engineer’s Report: ENGINEER REPORT
- Please click on the following link to view the sketch/plan that accompanies the Engineer’s Report: ENGINEER REPORT (PLAN)
The previous Millies Supermarket was ravished by fires in December 2018 and has since been cleared of debris and hazardous material. The building has not been rebuilt and will be auctioned as is (voetstoots).
Please click on the link to view the Zoning Certificate Erf 233 Blanco_ Busininess Zone III_General Residential IV Signed
According to the definitions of said Zoning issued by the George Municipality:
Business Zone III (BZIII)
For the first 30m of the property from George Street in terms of the George Integrated Zoning Scheme By-law (2017)
The objective of this zone is to provide for low intensity commercial and mixed-use development, which serves local neighbourhood needs for convenience goods and personal services. Such development should be limited in scale and nature and capable of integration into the adjacent residential neighbourhood, without adversely affecting the amenity of the residential neighbourhood. While mixed use development is encouraged, care must be taken not to compromise business operations.
• Neighbourhood shop
• Dwelling house
• Liquor store
• Service trade
General Residential Zone IV (GRZIV)
For the remainder of the property in terms of the George Integrated Zoning Scheme By-law (2017)
The objective of this zone is to promote higher density residential development. The dominant use within this zone must be residential, but limited mixed-use development is possible with the Municipality’s consent. This zone has particular location requirements, such as proximity to transport and amenities, and should not be randomly located without due consideration of the availability of open space and community facilities.
• Backpackers’ lodge
• Boarding house
• Convenience shop
• Home occupation
• Renewable energy structure
• Retirement resort
• Rooftop base telecommunication station
- Prime location on main road
- Availability of 3-phase electricity
- A proposal to adapt the building (before the fire) can be viewed by clicking on the following link: PROPOSED NEW BUILDING
- Municipal charges: sewerage R 953 pm, refuse R 917 pm and 3-phase electricity R 3500 pm
- Rates & Taxes R 844 pm
- Municipal Valuation: R 1 000 000
Summary of Auction Conditions of Sale
• 5% deposit & 8.05% commission payable on day of auction
• There will be a period for higher offers after the auction, which will close on 21 April 2021 at 12:00 noon. The sale shall be subject to confirmation by the Seller by 23 April 2021; however the Seller may accept or decline the offer before 23 April 2021.
• Balance purchase price payable against registration of transfer
• OCCUPATION on registration of transfer
• VACANT OCCUPATION guaranteed by the Seller
• TRANSFER DUTY payable on purchase price
• Property sold VOETSTOOTS
Office tel 044 – 8782877
Wiidke Burger 0833 777 390
Daniel van Schalkwyk (Auctioneer) 083 255 4245
16 (Friday) 10:00 am